What We Do
A Different Approach
A New Way of Life Reentry Project promotes healing, power, and opportunity for formerly incarcerated people by taking a multifaceted approach to mitigating the effects of, and ultimately eliminating, mass incarceration.
We provide safe housing for formerly incarcerated women, to help them get back on their feet.
We offer pro bono legal services to protect the rights of formerly incarcerated people.
Advocacy & Leadership
We work to change laws and policies through advocacy and community organizing.
We help impacted parents reunite with their children.
- In building community, motivating, and centering all women.
- Every person has inherent value and holds the power of possibility and transformation within them.
- Public resources are better invested in opportunities for transformation than on prisons and punishment.
- Formerly incarcerated people must be at the forefront in creating solutions to the incarceration crisis.
- Incarceration of a family member affects the entire family and the healing process must involve the entire family.
We envision a world where everyone is valued and systems of oppression are eliminated.
Empower communities with opportunity where justice impacted women heal, excel, and lead while disrupting systems of oppression and harm.
Successful reintegration through housing and supportive services for community reentry, family reunification, and individual healing.
CIVIL RIGHTS & DIGNITY
Defend and restore dignity, civil rights, and human rights.
SOCIAL CHANGE & TRANSFORMATION
Empower, organize, and mobilize as advocates for social change and personal transformation.
JOB PLACEMENT, TRAINING, AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP
Champion education, training, and entrepreneurship.
have found support in our safe homes
have been reunited with their children
have received pro bono legal services
have received training through our WOJO Leadership Lab
Our services cost less than 1/2
the cost of incarceration
of doing freedom work