What We Do
A Different Approach
A New Way of Life Reentry Project promotes healing, power, and opportunity for formerly incarcerated people by taking a multifaceted approach to mitigating the effects of, and ultimately eliminating, mass incarceration.
We provide safe housing for formerly incarcerated women, to help them get back on their feet.
We offer pro bono legal services to protect the rights of formerly incarcerated people.
Advocacy & Leadership
We work to change laws and policies through advocacy and community organizing.
We help impacted individuals with education and career opportunities.
- Every person has inherent value and holds the power of possibility within.
- Public resources are better invested in opportunities for transformation than in prisons and punishment. ANWOL provides reentry services for less than half the cost of incarceration.
- When a person goes to prison, their family serves time too. Therefore, the healing process must be inclusive of the entire family.
Advancing multi-dimensional solutions to the effects of incarceration
- Provide housing and support for formerly incarcerated women for successful community reentry, family reunification, and individual healing.
- Work to restore the civil rights of formerly incarcerated people.
- Empower, organize and mobilize formerly incarcerated people as advocates for social change and personal transformation.
We envision a world where every person can make decisions for their own life, is accountable for those decisions, and is valued as a contributing member of the community.
have found support in our safe homes
have been reunited with their children
have received pro bono legal services
have received training through our WOJO Leadership Lab
Our services cost less than 1/2
the cost of incarceration
of doing freedom work