Position: Special Events Coordinator
Reports To: Co-Directors
Location(s): Montebello, CA, Long Beach, CA, Los Angeles, CA
The Position: Throughout the year, as part of our overall work, A New Way of Life (ANWOL) offers opportunities for our constituents to grow and prosper. Working in collaboration with all departments, the Special Events Coordinator will be the SPOC (Single Point of Contact) FOR all Organization events to ensure we provide meaningful and well-choreographed events, in addition to other community gatherings that move ANWOL’s mission forward.
This is an office-based position, with some travel required.
This position will work within the Organization to coordinate and secure decorations, room and site set-up, production, and facilitation of all material orders. Attention to detail and management of the production timeline and schedule for materials in the office, e.g., invitations, brochures, and programs is a must;
What you’ll be doing
- Developing project plans and timelines, defining project scope and objectives, and resolving project deliverables for special projects.
- Working with partners to identify project risks and develop mitigation strategies.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to ensure project success.
- Coordinating project activities, including project kick-off meetings, status updates, and project closure activities.
- Ensuring project quality by reviewing project results, conducting quality assurance testing, and resolving issues.
- Handling project change requests and ensuring that all partners are advised of any changes.
- Communicating project status and progress to senior leadership and partners.
- Travel 0-10%.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex ideas and information to a wide range of audiences.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and project management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- At least 2 years of experience in event logistics.
- At least 3 years of experience in event management.
- Able to lift at least 30 lbs. from the ground to waist level.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of complex meeting management.
- Excellent verbal and written business communications skills.
- Ability to anticipate and satisfy customer needs; to work independently and take initiative; to solve problems creatively and effectively; to meet and interact with all levels of ANWOL staff and volunteers.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, knowledge in database programs a plus.
- Ability to work evenings/weekends, when necessary, with reliable transportation.
- Vendor management experience.
- Volunteer management experience.
Terms of Employment: Candidate must live in the Los Angeles region, have reliable transportation and complete automobile coverage.
Compensation and Benefits: Compensation includes medical, dental and vision insurance benefits, life insurance, and 403(b) retirement plan match.
Formerly incarcerated individuals or those impacted by the criminal justice or child welfare systems are encouraged to apply by sending cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.