Job Title: Senior Accounting Analyst
Reports to: Co-Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Senior Accounting Analyst applies business process, analytical and project management skills in a dynamic environment to support the Finance Department operations. This position provides insight into the accounting operations and is responsible for the overall compliance and adherence to the agency’s accounting and reporting guidelines. The analyst will be exposed to a balanced view of the accounting, finance and financial system infrastructure to manage and perform high-level data analysis, financial reporting and audit related compliance. This position is responsible for the accuracy of master data setup, which is critical to the monthly financial information and management reporting. This position is office-based and generally occurs during regular business hours.
• Oversee the general operations of the finance department, including the accounting for grants and contracts, A/P, A/R and payroll.
• Report contract and grant expenditures against approved budgets
• Coordinate internal compliance reviews and monitoring activities, including periodic reviews of department policies and procedures.
• Provide leadership in the budget development process, and on a periodic and ongoing basis, review various budgets to assess current expenditures and the accuracy of the financial planning for expenditures.
• Perform financial variance and trending analysis.
• As needed, perform research, statistical analysis, and other related activities for use in management decisions.
• Create financial and analytical models for decision making, developing and preparing relatively complex reports for management.
• Perform complex reconciliations and analyses in preparation of information to support both external and internal audit review, preparing recommendations for changes as needed.
• Perform quality control reviews on reconciliations and account balances.
• Identify, research and correct questionable transactions.
• Offer recommendations for process and system optimization.
• Participate in special projects to include the development of new systems, products and entities.
• Document and update processes and procedures for a variety of activities and workflows in the department.
• Act as lead for accounting staff in various analysis and projects.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree with major coursework in public or business administration or other related field.
• Four years of non-profit or governmental accounting experience.
• Strong background in non-profit accounting and finance, which can include a combination of experience in similar roles and education ranging from a bachelor’s degree to a more advanced degree.
• Strong personal computer and business solutions software skills. Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with accountants, clients, and senior management.
• Proficient in QuickBooks Premier, Microsoft Excel.
• Familiar with GAAP or IFRS,
• Familiar with federal, state and local payroll labor laws
• A solid understanding of financial principles, and the ability to use and implement these principles in the execution of the responsibilities of the position.
Salary and benefits: Competitive starting salary based on experience, with medical, dental and vision insurance benefits, life insurance, and 403(b) retirement plan.
Formerly incarcerated individuals are encouraged to apply
Apply by sending a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Applications should be received by December 17, 2021, but will be considered until the position is filled