Position: Housing Coordinator
Location: Montebello, CA
Long Beach, CA
Los Angeles, CA
A New Way of Life provides women returning home from jail and/or prison with safe housing, assists with re-establishing community connections and creates an environment that allows them to heal from trauma and transform their lives for themselves.
The Housing Coordinator is responsible for the proper administration and oversight of A New Way of Life Reentry Project’s safe house model.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
• Conducts intake of all incoming resident to determine their needs.
• Provides service linkages and support systems to ensure identified needs are met.
• Serves as bridge to other A New Way of Life services including but not limited to Workforce Development & Education and Family Reunification.
• Assists resident in obtaining life documents including but not limited to Government Issued Identification, Social Security Card and Birth Certificate and securing public assistance.
• Maintains accurate intake records and progress notes.
• Provides high quality supervision of the ANWOL homes, including ensuring a clean and drug & alcohol free and safe environment for residents, replenishment of supplies (cleaning, food), and emergency preparedness.
• Responsible for all activities related to menu and meal planning including but not limited to the procurement of food and supplies inventory, the care and storage of such items, and meal preparation.
• Conducts regular meetings with the residents to facilitate problem solving and to improve communication among the residents where needed.
• Responsible for the management of the properties, including monitoring repairs and necessary orders.
• Acts as advocate for client before judicial, community, social service, and administrative bodies as needed.
• Other duties as assigned
• Must be bilingual (English/Spanish)
• Understanding of the population to be served and knowledge of the recovery process
• Competent in Word, Excel and data systems
• Excellent writing, verbal, and interpersonal skills and strong organizational skills.
• Vehicle and auto insurance coverage, and a valid California Driver’s license.
• Ability to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.
• Excellent active listening and crisis intervention skills with ability to exercise and model good judgment, maintaining appropriate boundaries at all times
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities, including proficiency in balancing direct service responsibilities with effective record keeping.
• At least 2 years of similar experience
Salary: Competitive starting salary based on experience, with availability of medical, dental and vision benefits.
Formerly incarcerated persons are encourage to apply
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org