A New Way of Life (ANWOL) is seeking a committed individual to fill an open Housing Coordinator position within our Housing Department. The Housing Coordinator is responsible for the proper administration and oversight of ANWOL’s safe homes for women who are transitioning from prisons and jails, and their children.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- The Housing Coordinator interviews incoming resident to determine their needs/goals and develops an individualize plan. This assessment will include documents that the resident needs to secure public assistance, social services or employment/training needs. The assessment will include any requirements to reunite with their children. Accurate intake records and updates to intake records on the status of each resident must be maintained at all times.
- The Housing Coordinator provides high quality supervision of all ANWOL homes, including but not limited to, ensuring a drug & alcohol free, clean and safe environment for residents, replenishment of supplies (cleaning, food), and emergency preparedness.
- The Housing Coordinator conducts regular meetings with the residents to facilitate problem solving and to improve communication among the residents when needed. This may include problem solving individually or with the group as a whole.
- Other duties as assigned
- Understanding of the population to be served and knowledge of the recovery process
- Competent in Word, Excel and data systems
- Excellent writing, verbal, and interpersonal skills and strong organizational skills.
- Vehicle and auto insurance coverage, and a valid California Driver’s license.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Strong conflict resolution skills including de-escalation skills
- Strong case management and documentation skills
- At least 2 years of similar experience
We strongly encourage formerly incarcerated persons to apply.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with Housing Coordinator Position – (FULLNAME, LAST NAME) in the subject.