Job Title: Communications Assistant
Reports to: Communications Manager
The Communications Assistant works in the Communications Department of A New Way of Life with the goal of supporting ANWOL’s communications strategy. The Communications Department is responsible for advancing ANWOL’s communications strategy across media and press relations, event planning, social media, and more.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Document and maintain database of media and press coverage;
- Implement social media strategy as outlined by communications manager;
- Assist with media and press relations;
- Assist with event planning;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Commitment to the mission of A New Way of Life;
- Understanding of systemic racism, mass incarceration, and related intersecting systems of domination;
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills;
- Strong organizational, schedule management, and project management skills;
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to multi-task and shift priorities as needed;
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a wide range of constituents, including staff, volunteers, and program participants;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel);
- Technological fluency with social media platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter;
- Experience with publishing and graphic design platforms, such as Adobe InDesign and Photoshop.
- Bilingual – Spanish Preferred
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive hourly pay
Formerly Incarcerated Individuals Are Encouraged to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Communications Assistant – LAST NAME, FIRST NAME” in the subject. The cover letter should detail your experience with the qualifications described above.